21 October 2008

Second Part of Journey


After my night in Naumberg I caught a train to Siegen to visit my frieeend Michal. (isn't she beautiful!) I was roommates with Michal in a very small space big enough for only two bunk beds. We couldn't even close the door fully and we had a very small window that could only be opened part way. So living that close to someone for a long period of time really binds you together. I booked the ticket to Frankfurt unsure about where she would be back in August. She is studying at the CC Bible College Campus and I was able to visit with her, go to a few classes, and enjoy the beautiful area. It was like a mini-retreat. She took me shopping into town where I was able to have a funeral for my old pair of birkenstocks and buy a new pair. I also helped her write a few papers and taught her the art of taking a 600 word essay and stretching it to be a 750 word essay. (You can learn a lot in college these days.) I was also able to meet some wonderful and beautiful people! (Like Valentina from Argentina)

The train ride was about 2.5 hours and was thankful that when I stepped right off the train Michal was waiting for me! It was also wonderful that the station was directly across from the bible college living quarters. Its a big house that was transformed into a dorm. The ladies have the top floor, the guys have the middle floor and the bottom floor is a library/computer lab/common area and office. It's beautiful!

And I know its not the most appropriate, but I have to post this graphic sign that is posted on the walking path from the living quarters to where classes are held in Siegen. It literally translates: No Dog Toilet. Yuck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Greta! I wanted to share something with you via email. Send me a msg. @ mommynichols@comcast.net.
It is too long to text!