25 October 2008

Cologne


Michal had classes that I tried to get her to skip while I was visiting, but too bad its Bible College so she couldn't just say she wasn't feeling well....so....I had a 4-day rail pass and only had plans to use 3 days, so while Michal was in class all day on Thursday I hopped the train to Cologne. It is a beautiful city only 1.5 hours (by train) from Siegen. I had planned to get to Cologne around 10:15, but too bad everything is in German in Germany, so I got on a right train, got off at the wrong stop, rode the correct train back to where I started and tried again. I ended up in Cologne at 11:30 and hung out until 3:30. It was cold and rainy, but ohso beautiful! I also found a Starbucks where I bought a Germany coffeemug to add to my collection. I ended up sitting in the big Cathedral for awhile just spending some time with God. It was beautiful! The picture is me in the rain enjoying all the sights!

No comments: