01 October 2008

1st Grade Stories

Though my class is more challenging than words could ever describe, they sure keep me entertained every day. Some funny-some not so funny. Last Friday I found pepper spray that had fallen out of someone's backpack. It should be shocking, but I feel like its more the norm than shocking. Last week got so bad I just broke down and actually cried. My kids saw that I was upset and for about 10 minutes they decided to behave. Then, they went back to normal.

Asking to go outside to "pass gas" is still the norm. The kids are not embarrased by any means and proudly continue to ask to go outside to pass gas and come back in like it is no big thing.

Yesterday a little boy went to the bathroom. He was there over 10 minutes so I sent another kid to go get him. He came in and I told him that 12 minutes in the bathroom was not acceptable. He looked at me like I was nuts and flat out told me that he had "a 10 minute poop." The girls of the class said EW and told him to just say #2. Goodness! That is so gross and I tried my best to keep my straight face.

The same little boy announced to the class today that if he didn't go to school that he'd have to go to County Jail. I was shocked and asked him who told him that. Of course my mom Miss Dobie...who else? I laughed to myself because in all reality his mom probably got a call from a Truancy officer who explained to her that if she did not bring her kids to school every day and on time, she (the mom) would be going to County Jail.

Thursday and Friday and then I have two weeks off. Two more days....Two more days....

No comments: