14 January 2009

CheatSheets

I am teaching my kids about pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters. It is always difficult for them to get that a nickel is 5 cents or the same as 5 pennies, but the nickel is bigger in size than the dime that is worth more.

So last year I made cheat sheets for the kids. I did this cool thing with money on the board, took a picture of it, and made 20 copies of that picture at Costco, then laminated them for the kids to use this year.

So I sit my kids down and say, "Boys and girls....I've made a cheatsheet for you this year to help you remember how much a nickel is worth." Before I am even finished talking the entire class lets out a big "EEEWWWW." I get a confused look on my face.

My Mary Kate (Miss Thang who knows everything about everything) leans over, puts one hand next to her mouth, squeezes her chest with her other hand and says, "Miss Dobie-they think you mean these, Chi-Chi's."

I was shocked beyond belief and didn't know what to say other than to thank Mary Kate for helping translate for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!