18 January 2009

Beautiful

I went for a walk on the beach yesterday to take advantage of the beautiful weather the central coast has been having lately.

I got to the beach, where God blessed me with a parking spot! Marina State Beach has a tiny parking lot and people were circling and circling for a spot-I pulled up and got one.

After getting the parking spot, I was reminded of a section of a book where the author was describing having some time with God and she asked God to show her that he was near. She was in a quiet spot on some water and a whale came out of no where and splashed his tail. I was thinking that would be so cool, but I didn't ask God for anything.

I started walking out on the coastline and once I was far away from people, I sat in the sand and looked out on the ocean. I saw a big group (about 20) of sea otters surfing the waves. I then looked out just past the waves and I kept on seeing the spray of water and a large black spot out on the ocean. I was convinved it was a whale, but then second guessed myself, justifying that a whale would not be visible from the shore.

About an hour later on the walk back to my car a couple approached me and asked me if I had seen the whale that was out there. They had binaculors, so I knew it had to be a whale!

It was so cool. God wants to do great things even when we don't ask. He brings us something, a gift, a word, and then brings someone along to confirm it sometimes.

No comments: