16 November 2008

adorn.






I just got back from a wonderful weekend down south. I was able to attend 'adorn,' a conference put on by Reality LA and Reality Carpenteria. The weekend was full of solid teaching, solid worship and solid fellowship. I was really looking forward to hearing Britt Merrick teach, but because of the Santa Barbara fires he had to stay at home. I did get to here Tim Chadick preach it, Dominic Bali rock out, lead worship and preach it along with some other great teachers and worship leaders.


One of the best parts was being surrounded by 250+ twenty and thirty somethings. It was wonderful. We sang a song "Oh God let us be a generation that seeks Your face, Oh God of Jacob." My generation wants to seek God's will for our country and our lives.


It seems that there is a gap in reaching the age group I was with this weekend, although there is such a need! I have a vision of DLI people, young professionals, students, couples, singles and anyone and everyone else come together on the pennisula.


I went to a 'cool' church last week and it had great great worship but lacked any sort of substance in the teaching. My vision is a home group, a church, a study or something with solid worship and solid teaching where relationships can be formed, gifts can be used and God can work. I know He wants to use us to make an impact on this world and pennisula and wants to use this generation to seek His face!





It was crazy to get this view of the fires down south. Check out the smoke cloud! My friend's father's house almost was hit!! The sunset was glorious because of the fire, but it was so windy I couldn't get a still shot.

No comments: