12 August 2008

What happens in Vegas...





I have such a great boss. I asked to leave early on Friday and the lady I got to watch my class had to help another teacher -- so my principal came in to ask if she could take over my class--so I could go to Vegas!! I caught a 3:00 flight to Las Vegas so I left at 1:50 to leave school and check in by 2. Barely made it. $39/one way/direct flight to Vegas from Monterey. I really felt like I was a high schooler ditching class. I took my kids to a Kinder class and pretended I was being spontaneous and nice and letting them play again.
Vegas if full of sin, but I love it because of the glorious hotels and things inside the hotels. Besides the heat I really love it! It seems that every hotel has a different theme and design. Also, the pools at the hotels are amazing! We stayed at the Mirage--it was great!! Saturday night we stayed with Hannah's aunt and uncle. We went with them to see Mama Mia! the broadway style play, then went to Freemont Street where I got a tattoo! What happens in Vegas....
The view of the pyramid was taken on an elevator up to "The Mix," a club in THE hotel at Mandalay Bay. We only went up there because there's a toilet that has a view of the entire strip. You sit on the toilet and there is a window in front of you. Tinted of course from the outside.
I flew home on Sunday afternoon while Hannah is staying until Wednesday.

2 comments:

joy said...

Wow! I didn't know you had a blog! I will now become an avid reader!! :o)

Morgan said...

Oooohhhhhh I love your tattoo! I can't wait to go to Vegas, Jason and I are going April 2009. Love the pictures of you in the green booth, I bet you guys had a blast.