20 August 2008

Ultimate Wedgie

I don't know what it was about today, but I had a great day! I stayed at work until 6:45 and then got to church late but still was blessed by what I heard. We had an ELD meeting today and I found out that the 1st/2nd grade classes are being jumbled up so we can have 6 classes instead of just 3 classes to re-arrange. ELD is English Language Development and there are 6 different levels a student can be at. 1,2,3,4, 5 and EO (english only). All the first graders this year are either EO kids or levels 1 and 2. I got the levels 3,4,5. That doesn't make much sense to anyone else but me, but there's good news in it! My class is crazy this year, and I get to change my students and get all my cute babies from last year for 45 minutes every day! I can't wait! I get a break from my whiner!! Woohoo! And I'll only have 13 kids instead of 19! It's only 6 kids difference...but the noise level of a 6 year old usually equals at least 2 kids.

I also got a chance to get to know some more families at the ice-cream social tonight from 6-7pm. My crazy Mary-Kate's mom is taking classes at CSUMB and has to do service learning so she's going to do it in my classroom! Woohoo! Such a blessing!

I also have updated stories from school. Yesterday my Cyle puked all over his desk and then looked up and said "Uh Miss Dobie I threw up." Thankfully he didn't get the carpet. The whole class stopped and watched as he threw up the rest in the garbage can.

Cyle also has a habit of passing gas on the carpet. This kid rips them loud! He then covers his nose and say EWW someone farted...stinky.

I had to let him know that when Cyle does that and gets the giggles, Miss Dobie gets the giggles so if he needs to pass gas he needs to go outside.

An hour later I caught Cyle walking into the classroom from outside. I firmly told Cyle that he needed to ask me if he could leave the classroom. He proudly put his hands on his hips (superhero style) and firmly told me that he was letting his gas pass outside like I told him he needed to. He has such a strong cute filapino accent which makes him cute.

I went to go pick up my kids from lunch today and overhead the ending of an explanation Mary Kate was giving to another little girl. The only thing I heard was "....And that's what an ultimate wedgie is...." I would have loved to hear the beginning of that conversation.

Now its bedtime. Pictures to come later. =)

No comments: