18 February 2009

Rufus

Tonight Pastor Nate mentioned the name Rufus and referred it to the Rufus from the Bible for about 30 seconds, but any Rufus talk is always great. Rufus is the son of Simon, the man who carried the cross for Jesus. Some people say Rufus went onto become a missionary.

When I was in the UK I went to a church called Calvary Chapel Twickenham, and I was there for the second sunday in a row and asked God to really show me if that was where I was suppose to be. Low and Behold, Pastor Matt who was teaching talked a tiny bit about Rufus--but enough to know God has a sense of humor and was confirming me to be at the Twick--and man! I am so pleased that I was able to call that my place of worship.

Did you know Rufus means red? Pastor Tonye from Shoreline actually looked it up for me.

Did you know there is a little tiny no good no nothing town in Oregon called Rufus, where my love first began as I would make long treks back and forth from Walla Walla to CA and back.

Rufus is the name of my car and actually dream about getting __RUFUS__ on the license plate.

I also will consider Rufus as a name for my first male child.

(I am reading this and realize I do sound quite nutty. I probably am for loving Rufus that much.)

Go Rufus!

No comments: