07 February 2009

Lately

This week was a long one, and I am so very thankful that it's Saturday on a 3-day weekend! Thanks to a dead president, some can have an extra day to reflect and rest. woo!

So I did the Denny's thing this week where I met a new friend. Tuesday Evening I went to Monterey Live where Erika Soto was playing. She was sick and still put on a great concert. There was another band that sounded great when they were doing sound check, but unfortunately it was way to late to be up on a school night. I told them that they sounded great but I had to work in the morning.

Then one guy came over to where I was and told him that I would feel less guilty for leaving if I bought something from his merchandise table. Nope. No Guilt.

This picture is kind of blurry...oops.


On Wednesday at school I had some difficulties with some of my students. One tried to bite me. This time he was not as successful as last time. I'm getting quicker. =) The student first threw a chair and climbed under some desks. I had to take a picture, because that's what good photographers do, take photos of things people wouldn't believe, but also to show the parent later on that their child really isn't as good as they think their little angel is.

He was yelling, "YOU can't see my face" as if to say, I've really outsmarted my teacher now...my mom will never be able to recognize me now.

So anyway, it doesn't have his face, so its legal to post it online I guess?



There's another little girl who just drives me nuts, but also has become very dear to my heart. She is a big trouble maker but full of laughs everyday.

On Wednesday afternoon after dealing with almost getting bit, I walked into my classroom where a few students were in for detention and this little girl was leading the kids in trouble in a little made-up prayer about ghosts and stuff and then taught the kids the sign of the cross from the Catholic church.

She is a clever one...actually getting the other students to buy into it, even though she was making it up on the spot. I wish you could have seen her smirk of pride.

Last night my mom came over for some Wii and dinner and then I went out to Alvarado in downtown Monterey for some street witnessing. I had three awesome conversations with random people and Jesus.

We use to the good person test (Take it Here-Are you a Good Person?) I stumbled over the words, but still had meaningful conversations. And even though it rained, it still was a great night!

2 comments:

Sara Beth said...

and the best part was coming home to me on the couch watching endless episodes of The Office season two :P

Erika Soto said...

I was so happy that you came....you are pretty great greta.