10 September 2008

I'm alive

So I am alive, but barely these days. I can't believe its been over two weeks since I have blogged. You could tell when summer ended and school started, or just when school actually got serious. I feel like I am just on the go, and when I get home the last thing I want to do is log onto the internet and talk about my day. I'd rather ask the Lord to bless my dreams and think about other things until 5:27 when my alarm goes off to do the same thing again! This week I've had parent/teacher conferences. It sucks to have to tell parents that their kids might repeat first grade if they don't learn their letter sounds by October.

My schedule is this:
Mondays-Childcare for Most Excellent Way from 6:45-9:00.
Tuesdays-Leadership meeting after school from 3:15-4:30--then free nights to get together with people or just rest.
Wednesdays-Spanish Class from 4-6:30 and then Bible Study from 6:30-8:30ish.
Thursdays: Staff Meeting from 3:15-4:00 then Free Nights
Fridays: I stay at school until late to get ready for the next week, then come home and crash!

Last week I had Open House where I had to meet with parents and then on Saturday I had training for school all day (8:00-3:30) and then when training ended I drove immediately up to St. Helena to visit my grandma before her surgery yesterday. I stayed until Sunday Night and drove home, did laundry and went to bed!

My students sure keep me entertained. I always tell myself that I will blog what the students say because they just crack me up. This week I had a student who asked me if he could go to the bathroom. I said Yes, go. He came back 2 minutes later and whispered again, Can I go to the bathroom? I said Yes, Go! He then put his hand over one side of his mouth and half whispered-But I have to go poop. I then said--GO!! You don't have to tell me you have to poop.

I had my Mary-Kate come back from a vocabulary lesson from another teacher. She walked up to me-batted her eye lashes and said, "Miss Dobie-You're gorgeous. (long pause) Do I have to do my homework tonight?" Then yesterday Mary-Kate wrote a little note on her reading log that said, "Ms. Dobe-I love you like a friend." Today when we were packing up for school to end, she whipped out this little mini sandwich and said, "here miss dobie--its a little something so you won't get hungry during your meetings. Its delicious." She drives me CRAZY because shes a kid who will get "talks to much in class" and "needs to focus on doing her work before she helps others" but is a true kick, who keeps me going. I do have a feeling she may make a few hairs turn gray in the process.

Last week we were having lunch together because she was the only one to do her reading every night during the week. She said, "My mom bought this for me at Costco. Its not a fork, but not a spoon. They call it a Pork." I wish I could share a picture, but I don't want to cross that line...but if you need any type of entertainment or cheering up---please volunteer an hour a week--by the end of your time you'll be able to write a book of Mary-Kate isms.

OK So I'm going to try and post some pictures. Two weekends ago my other grandma was in town....she went shopping and let me put it all on my credit card and I sure racked up those air miles!

No comments: