16 September 2008

Hot Cheetos

God reminded me today just how wonderful He is. God always wants to bless us more than we could ever imagine and we sometimes set limits and God wants to go above and beyond this!

I was reminded of this today because my students earned their 100th star, which means they earn a party of some kind. We had a unplanned fire alarm which can throw the whole morning off depending...and because we had an overall successful fire alarm we earned our 100th star.

The last few times the kids earned 100 stars they have gotten a cookie party. It has been a cookie party because cookies were on sale. Today I really wanted to make sure the kids knew that they earned this party to encourage more good behavior. I let the kids throw out different suggestions and they all wanted another cookie party. I finally stepped in and said "Cookies are boring-let's have a cool party--how about a hot cheetos party?" You would have thought that I was sending them all to Disneyland or something. Cheering broke out like I had never heard before. The smiles on their faces were bigger than I had ever seen. There is something about Hot Cheetos that Seaside students love, and its almost an unspoken rule that Hot Cheetos are not allowed at school because kids love them so much--they dream about Hot Cheetos instead of listening.

We're asking for Dollar Tree cookies from God but God is wanting to give us $2.69/bag of Hot Cheetos.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

That's a cute story. Way to be there hero teacher Dobie :]